CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE VERSION
SATURDAY February 1, 2014 - save the date!
Australian National Botanic Gardens
Clunies Ross St.
p. 02 6250 9540
Here's a rundown of the evening - best to arrive early, enjoy your dinner and then kick-back and soak up all that Flix has to offer....
|7:10pm||CommBank Boost-a-Band winner on-stage|
The Axis of Awesome on-stage
|8:45pm||Short film collection on-screen|
|10:10pm||Eskimo Joe on-stage|
|11:35pm (or thereabouts)||Entertainment concludes|
*Times subject to change
GETTING THERE & PARKING
By car: click here for map. There is ample parking on-site (unmetered at night)
Get a lift: There is a drop-off & pick-up point at the venue.
Taxi: It is a $12-15 (approx.) cabfare from Canberra CBD.
This year's Flix in the Stix event will see several of your favourite local caterers serving up a delectable feast featuring a range of local produce and gourmet delights. Whilst your still welcome to pack your own picnic, this year why not dine out under the stars and support your local producers. Food vendors secured for our Canberra event include:
- Burra Berkshires - free range pork burgers
- Pizza2U - traditional woodfire pizzas
- Trepeza Fine Foods - gourmet chicken & chorizo paella
- Divine & Delicious - baked New York cheesecake, pecan & chocolate fudge tarts, baked lemon tarts and an assortment of petite cakes and slices
- Here's the Coffee delicious organic coffee
Dinner is included in your Lawn Lounge ticket - upon entry you will be handed a voucher for your dinner which can be redeemed at any of the food vendors on-site.
Commonwealth Bank will be serving up hot buttery popcorn FREE to all patrons at Flix in the Stix, Canberra.
The event is fully licensed and therefore BYO alcohol is not permitted. We will have a great range of Cumulus wines available on the night along with some of the finest craft beers this country can offer - Little Creatures. Pipsqueak cider will also be available. Bar prices are reasonable so please do us the courtesy of providing for this aspect of your evening. Softdrinks and water also available from the on-site Flix bar.
WHAT TO BRING
- Deck chair, picnic rug, cushions, blanket, beanbags - whatever you need to make your tush comfortable.
- All your family and friends along with your best singing voice
- A warm jumper or jacket - just in case mother nature sends her greetings later in the evening...
- Some spending money - we do have eftpos available on-site however its not always the most reliable
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Alcohol. This is a fully licensed event.
- No professional cameras, videos or recording equipment.
Before you call us, have you checked our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
If so and your still stuck, please drop us an email at or phone us on 02 5310 6657 for any further event enquiries.
ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Click here for Terms & Conditions of entry.